A casual visit to my good friend Swapna`s home, led the way to the posting of this Guest Post on Anubhvati. Dear S had whipped up a spread for lunch, when we had joined her one lovely summer friday morning. The fragrance of this subzi tantalised my taste buds and I told her that she must must definitely post it for me on the GUEST POST series and she gladly obliged. She was sweet enough to take the pains to measure out her ingredients, although she is a person who eyeballs her stuff….and better still to actually take so many pictures, and send them to me. Thanks Swapna for this keeper recipe! The secret to this recipe I am guessing completely lies in the preparation of the Garam Masala. It has an aroma that preludes the taste that follows. A definite must try in my kitchen as well as yours!!!
- Heat the pan, add oil and when its hot put mustard,when they splatter add cumin,channa dal, and urad dal.
- When urad dal and channa dal turns color, add the chopped onions and chillies. Add the cauliflower and mix..cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add sufficient salt to it and “cover and cook ” the kadai on low flame.
- When the veggies are almost cooked, add green peasand cook for a few more minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander ,turmeric and red chilli powder and mix in all the spices well.
- Add the freshly roasted and ground garam masala and cook for another couple minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave it covered, on the stovetop for while.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with rotis or rice.