Wednesday was the surprise baby shower of one of my close friend, so I had voted on making an eggless cake. There was this bottle of Organic Gulkhand that I had bought at the Global Foods store that was beckoning to me for a long long time. I had wanted to make a Falooda, but some how the timing was not exactly working out too well!!! I experimented with this Rose-Vanilla cake with no icing, as I some times feel that the taste of the icing, overpowers the aroma and taste of a cake. This cake was extremely moist and spongy and very tasty in its own right.
2 cups of All Purpose Flour.
1 3/4 cup Whole Milk .
1/2 cup Oil.
1 1/4 cup Sugar.
1 tsp vanilla essence.
4 spoons of Organic Ghuklhand or Rose Essence.
1 Tsp Bakng Soda.
1 Tsp Baking Powder.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line your cake pan with butter spray, butter, oil or flour.
- In a bowl, measure out the dry ingredients – Flour, Baking Soda, baking powder. Mix and keep ready.
- In another mixing bowl, start with the millk and add oil, sugar, and pure vanilla extract and whisk well to dissolve any lumps. Take caution NOT to over mix as this may rob the cake of sponginess.
- Remove a small portion of the readied vanilla batter to add the rose essence.
- To this portionm briskly mix in the ghulkhand or rose essence. If you find the ghuklhand a little thick, pop it in the microwave oven for a few minutes till it becomes a thick syrup!
- Pour the plain vanilla batter on to the greased cake pan and now randomly pour the rose mixture on to this vanilla batter.
- Use a toothpick and make little patterns on the cake batter to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick thats inserted comes out clean.
- Enjoy delicious Rose-Vanilla Marble Cake warm with ice cream!!!
Check out my Eggless Vanilla -Choclate -Orange Marble Cake on my previous posts.