Mint chtuneys make an interesting combination with breakfast preparations like Venn Pongal,Oats Idlis, Dosas etc. Mint adds a refreshing zing to any drink especially a summer drink. When infused with mint leaves that are crushed, it makes it extremely fresh and adds zing to the drink! In its natural form, mint aids in indigestion and also aids in relieving respiratory blocks. This recipe is inspired by Rak`s version and is definitely a keeper!
1 Bunch Cilantro.
1 Bunch Mint.
1 Medium Onion.
1 Tangy Tomatoe.
2 Tbsp Coconut Grated.
Roast in Oil:
2 Tbsp Channa Dhal.
1 Tbsp Urad dhal.
3 Red Chillies.
1 Tsp Mustard Seeds.
1 Tsp Urad Dhal.
- In a kadai add about a spoon of oil and roast the channa dal, urad dhal and the red chillies with one or two fresh curry leaves. Transfer contents to a mixer and set aside.
- Now to the same kadai, add the onions and let them saute well., Now add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric and salt and let them saute well.
- Add the roughly chopped cilantro and mint leaves and allow them to wilt. Switch off the stove and allow contents to cool.
- Now transfer to the same mixer jar and give it a quick pulse.
- Pulse to a near smooth paste adding as little water as needed and transfer to the serving bowl.
- Temper with the specified ingredients and serve with soft hot idlis!