Bite sized brownies are an all time addiction for my older daughter S. She loves chocolate in any form, so unlike me, added to the fact that this gives me an awesome opportunity to try my baking results on her . I had taken a back seat from baking for some time as my little one alwatys wanted to crawl in to the oven. Yes, you did read that right. I was petrified of managing the oven door, the kiddo and the cake, and I decided it was best left to later. Now that she is 3, I think its about time, I came back to what I loved doing before! – Baking. It`s an addiction that never lets you go. Here are these litle bite sized brownies, that I made for my 4`th Bloggiversary last week.
1 Cup All Purpose Flour.
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Ghirardelli Cocoa Powder.
1/2 Cup Heaped White Sugar.
1/2 Cup Mashed Bananas.
4Tbsp Butter at room temperature.
3 Tbsp Hot Water.
3 Tbsp Milk at room temperature.
A pinch of salt.
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence.
1 Tsp baking Powder.
1/4 Tsp Baking Soda.
5-6 walnuts chopped.
- Measure out the flour and add in the salt, baking powder and baking soda and gently sift it through.
- This is basically to air out the flour and remove impurities if any.
- In a mixing bowl add the mashed banana, hot water, sugar, vanilla essence and briskly mix it all in.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or stove top and add the measured cocoa powder and whisk it well so all the cocoa powder is well incorporated in to the butter.
- Add this chocolate mixture to the mashed banana mixture and mix them well. If at this stage you find your wet ingredient base to be a little dry, add a few more drops of oil/ milk and loosen it up.
- Now tip in the flour mix and whisk gently until you get a homogenous dough.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease the bottom of a cake pan or a tray and line with parchment paper.
- Pour out the chocolate batter on to the tray and smooth well with the end of a spatula.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes depending on whether the crust becomes well set and well cooked. If you take out the brownies as soon as they are just baked, they might come out looking like cakes.
- Cool for about 2 hours at least before you cut them in to little brownie bites! This is important as they take time to cool down and set well. The interiors are soft and a little chewy and the outside is am little thick and crusty.
- Serve with a dollop of ice cream or hot chocolate sauce.