When the evenings are cold and the nights turn out to be cold and frosty, its an awesome feeling to come in to the warmth of one`s home, put away the jackets and boots, and settle down to a bowl of piping hot soup. There is magic in soup. Boring vegetables somehow transform in to silky smooth colourful heart warming soups. This particular soup was a result of a quick search in the refrigerator pantry coinciding with remembering Harini`s post on her beautiful blog. The only thing I wanted was creamy soup and avocados did the trick! Try this awesome soup with or without avocados for a gratifying soup. With warm bread on the side, its a match made in heaven.
3 Cups Fresh Broccoli cleaned and stemmed.
3/4 Cup Green Peas.
4 Cups Veggie Stock or Water or Diluted Dal Water or Whey Water.
Sea Salt to taste.
1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder.
1 Lemon squeezed.
Crushed Pistachios or Walnuts.
- Take a veggie steamer bowl and add the broccoli and peas to it. Filling a pot with water, cover and steam for a couple of minutes .
- Puree the steamed broccoli, peas and one avocado with salt and the juice of one lemon with a little water/ stock in the blender.
- Pour in to a wok and add the remaining water/stock and keep stirring until you reach the desired consistency.
- Swirl and mix and serve in bowls with pepper powder and fresh cream as needed.
- I added a garnish of crushed pistachios for that added healthy crunch.